Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cleansing week

Since the weight is not coming off and I am exercising I decided to do a cleanse this week. I chose a 7 day rapid cleanse from the health food store. The reviews on it were very good. I am on day 3. It's not a brutal cleanse if you get what I mean and I'm not scared to be away from a bathroom but I am definitely getting flushed out. Some of the side effects said your organs would hurt ie. kidney and liver and my left side is hurting but it's not excruciating. I have cut liquor completely out of the picture for the 7 days. To get over that hurdle I am drinking sparkling water in a wine glass and last night I made lemon sparkling water with orange juice, my mocktail version of a mimosa. Whatever works! Saturday I went on a 3 mile run with my husband and Monday morning I did another 3 miles at 5:30 am with my partner. It's funny....yesterday I had someone say to me "oh, you are in that other running group on Mon, Wed and Fridays". I didn't know I was in a group! I have just been running with some friends but I guess people are taking notice because there is now another "group" of women running on Tues and Thurs in the morning. I was invited to go as well but those are my rest days. I guess actions really do speak louder than words as it appears my friend and I have gotten some other women motivated to run as well :) My diet is strictly off the 14 day diet, which is basically what the cleanse recommends too. Lean protein, lots of fresh veggies and fruit and on and on. I am drinking a ton of water at work and just putting almond milk in my coffee...thank goodness for the Keurig and the fabulous coffee it brews! Today I added agave nectar to my coffee to see what I thought, it's pretty good! I also measured myself this morning so in four days I will remeasure and see the results, if there are any. If anything I am proving to myself I can go for more than one day without a drink!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Love the mocktail idea! I wish I could truly trick myself by doing that!

    ReplyDelete