Thursday, September 19, 2013

Temptation resisted!

Last night we had a work function I had to go to that included dinner. I had one beer and then a tuna fillet over an arugula salad (the tuna is on the diet, including the salad)  and then EVERYONE else ordered a slice of cheesecake with fresh fruit that looked absolutely delicious and I resisted. I am not much of a sweets girl (mostly chips and dips type) but cheesecake is the one sweet that is my favorite and it looked really good. I even resisted the urge to have a bite of anyone elses. It was one small step in the right direction. I got up and ran 3 miles this morning because my 10k is Saturday and tomorrow I want my legs to rest. It felt good to get up this morning and know I wasn't just trying to burn off the crap I ate the night before. Obviously beer shouldn't be on the menu but I did pretty damn good overall!

I have also found a new drink I LOVE. It's Organic Raw Kombucha made by GT's and is the gingerade flavor. There are 60 calories per container, 14 g carbs, 4 gram sugar and 0 fat. It's carbonated and gives that feeling like I'm getting something I shouldn't but it's good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment